Calling all Writers! Azure Lorica is holding its second Playwright Contest — Findlings: A One Act Play Contest, and it is open to EVERYONE!
Last year, our winning Playwright was Ms. Lauren Bauer, a Librarian at the City of Pasadena. Her Play: Captain Clay and the Treasure of the Pacific premiered at the Whitmore-Lindley Theatre Center, NoHo Arts District (April 6, 2012). The kids had fun, and families couldn’t be happier with the free admission for students into Lauren’s very Play. We currently have Captain Clay(…) sitting in our vault of Family-friendly Plays, waiting for its next production to show.
Now, we’re looking for the next winning Playwright to showcase for that family/teen audience. We give you the freedom to choose your theme (comedy/drama, sci-fi/periods, parodies/re-imagination), while following these few rules:
- It must be a family-friendly Play, acceptable for parents or teens.
- The Play must be One Act. No longer than 35 pages, per script.
- Each Playwright is allowed to submit up to two scripts.
- The Play will consist, but not limited to, 4 Actors, the following props: 1-4 chairs, table, and curtains to mask the art piece (soon to be revealed).
- Theme is your choice.
- Submission must be mailed with a check or money order of $5.00, OR an electronic copy of a $5.00 donation receipt to Azure Lorica attached to your emailed Submission(s):
Azure Lorica, Inc.
13341 Cantara Street
Los Angeles, CA 91402
We will be opening submission by Sept. 1, 2012 – Dec. 1, 2012. Submissions must be postmarked between these dates. Until then, brainstorm, write, and revise your Play or Plays, as you have two chances to win a chance to get your Play produced by Azure Lorica!
Azure Lorica gives free admission to students (K-12), and invites families and schools to enjoy your quality work on a live theatrical stage. For more information, please visit us: www.azure-lorica.org. Happy Writing!