In the second year of Azure Lorica’s business, we invited our patrons to a series of special events. With a new Press Relations Officer, the Board of Directors were able to raise a suitable amount of funds, and make connections with the City of Pasadena and other festivals. Azure Lorica produced one live reading, four workshops, and several fundraisers:
- Azure Lorica became an official 501c3, and accepted new members as Managers and Director.
- Because of our new established status, we took it upon ourselves to blog not only about us, but the community we’re serving, encouraging tax deductible donations. We created azure-lorica.COM.
- This website improved our volunteer program, and gave our community the power of Press.
- LINK: http://azure-lorica.com/
- Findlings: A One Act Play Contest
- We started a campaign for our first Playwright Competition by creating YouTube videos and providing workshops at special events across Los Angeles County.
- LINK: http://azure-lorica.com/2011/06/24/do-it-yourself-advertising-workshop-at-animeexpo-2011/
- LINK: http://azure-lorica.com/2011/11/12/join-us-for-back-to-back-panelworkshops/
- LINK: http://azure-lorica.com/2012/01/01/azure-lorica-anime-los-angeles-2012-for-diy-advertising/
- LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpUushUQuiI
- Fundraisers @ Burbank & Pasadena
- To get involved with our patrons, we invited them to dine with us at all of our fundraisers!
- LINK: http://azure-lorica.com/?s=fundraiser
- Fate Pendulum’s Project Italy
- Until we collected all of the entries from Findlings, we produced a live reading of an original piece by Stefanie Warner and Eugene Docena at the Pasadena Central Library.
- LINK: http://azure-lorica.com/?s=project+italy
The time and effort our members and volunteers took to make it all happen were a great contribution to our cause. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into 2011, and we gained so much more thanks to everyone’s help. Thank you so much!